Terms and Conditions of Participation in California Men’s Gatherings
- Age: All participants must be men 18 years of age or older.
- Health and Wellbeing: Participants are fully responsible for their own health and wellbeing and for not exposing others to symptoms of illness. Our gatherings are opportunities for men to connect physically and emotionally which places us close to each other. By its very nature, a CMG Gathering cannot provide significant protection against infection. Therefore, it falls to the responsibility of each person to protect themselves and others.
- Behavior: It is the responsibility of all men to help create the gathering as a safe, growth affirming space by honoring other’s boundaries, seeking enthusiastic consent for intimate activities, and reserving judgment to foster patience and understanding. The California Men’s Gathering celebrates connection including physical intimacy, be it sexual or otherwise. To make this possible we strive to create a space that is safe from outside expectations and restrictions providing support for vulnerability and openness. This is created through the participation of every man to reduce judgment, pressure and influence and increase communication and consent with mutual respect. Every man chooses how he will participate in the Gathering. If at any point you feel pressured to do something, you should be frank and honest about your feelings and decline participation. If someone declines connection or stops interaction for any reason, it is your responsibility to respect their wishes and honor that boundary. Some areas are designated acceptable for nudity. All sexual activity must be with enthusiastic consent and conducted in private spaces designated for intimate activity.
- Restrictions: Smoking is only allowed in a place designated by the facility. Alcohol, unprescribed drugs and weapons are not allowed in anyone’s possession at the gathering. Participants may experience strong emotions during the event and must NOT act or react with physical or verbal abuse, disruptive behavior or harassment.
- Media: There will be an official camp photographer. Individuals who do not wish to be photographed by the camp photographer should let him know as early in the gathering as possible. CMG has express permission (except of those who notified the photographer) to use photos and videos in ways that further the mission of the organization. Gathering attendees may only take photos and videos of other men only when the subjects are aware and must receive separate permission of all persons visible in the media before posting it in a public forum (ie. Facebook, YouTube, etc.) Photos that include nudity are further restricted and are subject to the same consent boundaries as sexual activity and will not be posted online by anyone and will not be kept or used by CMG. Attendees must not use the roster for any contact that isn’t personal and individual.
- Censure: Behavior at the Gathering that violates these sentiments or otherwise interrupts our ability to provide a safe and comfortable environment for participants and for the operators of the facility are subject to censure up to and including removal from the event and the inability to participate in future events. This is decided at the sole discretion of CMG leaders.