Labor Day Weekend
Friday-Monday, September 1-4
Santa Rosa, CA at Camp Newman
Please join us over Labor Day weekend 2017 to explore the power of men connecting!
As men, most of us have been raised in a larger culture in which we were taught to keep our distance from each other. As a result, we can find ourselves alone and sometimes feeling like an “other”- disconnected. This Labor Day weekend, we will look at the way we have been taught to keep distance while exploring healthy ways of connecting with one another. We will work toward being honest with ourselves and with each other in a community in which we’re invited to set aside judgment. This is what the California Men’s Gathering has been doing since it was founded — creating a safe space where men can open up with each other, where we can bond without fear, and where we can support and nurture each other through caring and honest presence.
We look forward to seeing you and hearing your voice in our Gathering over Labor Day 2017!
Throughout the weekend, men will have numerous opportunities to connect in a variety of healthy and constructive ways. These include a wide array of workshops and other activities; in each you can choose to participate and challenge yourself or not. Each in its own way will explore the theme of men connecting with one another with authenticity, respect and caring.
- Each CMG retreat includes large group activities and smaller workshops with a wide choice of topics and perspectives (including some that are clothing-optional).
- A Gathering weekend usually includes pool parties (in season), dances, a talent/no talent show, hikes, heart circles, Puppy Piles, yoga and much more.
- The broad variety of activities allows each man to create his own personal experience. For some, a Gathering is like going to summer camp, for others it’s more about workshops and self-exploration.
- While those attending Gatherings are predominantly gay and bisexual, all men 18 years or older are welcome.
- CMG Gatherings are drug and alcohol free events.
Here’s what took place at some of our past Summer Gatherings: