California Men’s Summer 92nd Gathering
August 24-27, 2018
(This is the weekend BEFORE Labor Day Weekend)
Community of the Great Commission
Camp & Retreat Center
(about 50 miles northeast of Sacramento)
Throughout the weekend, men will have numerous opportunities to connect in a variety of healthy and constructive ways. These include a wide array of workshops and other activities; in each you can choose to participate and challenge yourself or not. Each in its own way will explore the theme of men connecting with one another with authenticity, respect and caring.
- Each CMG retreat includes large group activities and smaller workshops with a wide choice of topics and perspectives (including some that are clothing-optional).
- A Gathering weekend usually includes pool parties (in season), dances, a talent/no talent show, hikes, heart circles, Puppy Piles, yoga and much more.
- The broad variety of activities allows each man to create his own personal experience. For some, a Gathering is like going to summer camp, for others it’s more about workshops and self-exploration.
- While those attending Gatherings are predominantly gay and bisexual, all men 18 years or older are welcome.
- CMG Gatherings are drug and alcohol free events.
Here’s what took place at some of our past Summer Gatherings: