- This event has passed.
Third-Thursday Multi-Group Bonfire & Potluck
September 15 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Join us for our Potluck Bonfires by the Bay!
DESCRIPTION: This will be a series of two bonfires (Sept 15 & Oct 20) for the 2022 season; we’d been unable to host others until now due to unavailability of volunteers to bring firewood. Two of our men have agreed to bring some for these bonfires (hooray Jay & Luciano!)
Bring a friend or cuddle buddy. Please also bring an entree or a side dish, and a beverage of your choice. (Alcohol is banned in Mission Bay Park). You can also help support this event by bringing a portable table, paper plates, cups, utensils, napkins or firewood, but CMG is making sure that’s covered.
VOLUNTEERS: We could REALLY use a couple of volunteers moving forward, though, especially in arriving early to secure one of the rings that the city hasn’t removed yet (and there ARE fewer this year; w/b if you can lend a hand!). One of the reasons CMG hasn’t done a lot in 2022 (besides firewood issues) is a need for volunteers.
COVID POLICY: Due to the fact that we’ll be in somewhat close proximity and sharing food off a potluck table, we are requesting that only those who have been fully vaccinated attend the bonfire.
MASKING: We’re outdoors, which certainly reduces risk, but we cannot deny the continuing presence of the pandemic among us. As such, for now at least, we’re simply leaving the choice of masking up to you. The only two rules are:
1) no shaming other for wearing or not wearing
2) be respectful if some people aren’t feeling as hug-ready as they might have been in pre-pandemic days, especially with MonkeyPox now on our minds.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Potluck item. Remember, we CAN have too many desserts, but we can never have too many meal choices and sides. If you have a dessert you’re eager to bring, lovely! But if you’re on the fence, maybe think dinner, not dessert
- A beach chair if you’d like to sit. Bonus points if you bring a spare for others to use!
- A serving utensil if your dish needs one.
DIRECTIONS: Take the 8 freeway west toward Mission Bay, exit onto Mission Bay Drive and make a right, then merge into the far left hand lane onto Ingraham Street, heading North, then make a left onto Vacation Rd as if you were heading into Paradise Point Resort (previously called Pacific Princess Resort), but then an immediate Right before entering the resort to get to the side parking lot. We’ll be on the left (West) side of parking lot by the rest rooms. (Note: we’re on the WEST side of Ingraham St. Don’t confuse this spot with a similar one on the east side of the street.)
San Diego, California 92109 United States + Google Map View Location Website